Pololu Simple Motor Controller 18v - montiert
The Pololu Simple Motor Controller 18v7 makes basic control of brushed DC motors easy, with our free Simple Motor Control Center software enabling quick configuration over USB. The controller supports four interface modes: USB, TTL serial, analog voltage, and hobby radio control (RC). This version operates from 5.5 to 30 V and is efficient enough to deliver a continuous 7 A(>30 A peak) without a heat sink. It ships with the power capacitor and connectors installed as shown.
The Pololu Simple Motor Controllers are versatile, general-purpose motor controllers for brushed, DC motors. A wide operating range of up to 5.5–40V and the ability to deliver up to several hundred Watts in a small form factor make these controllers suitable for many motor control applications. With a variety of supported interfaces—USB for direct connection to a computer, TTL serial for use with embedded systems, RC hobby servo pulses for use as an RC-controlled electronic speed control (ESC), and analog voltages for use with a potentiometer or analog joystick—and a wide array of configurable settings, these motor controllers make it easy to add basic control of brushed DC motors to a variety of projects. Although this motor controller has many more features than competing products, a free configuration utility (for Windows 8, 7, Vista, Windows XP, and Linux) simplifies initial setup of the device and allows for in-system testing and monitoring of the controller via USB.
For 24 V applications, we recommend the 24v12 or 24v23 versions. We strongly recommend against using the 18v7, 18v15, or 18v25 with 24 V batteries, which can significantly exceed 24 V when fully charged and are dangerously close to the maximum voltage limits of these lower-voltage controllers.
|Size:||2.1" x 1.1" x 0.5"|
|Control interface:||USB; non-inverted TTL serial;
RC servo pulses; analog voltage1
|Minimum operating voltage:||5.5 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||30 V|
|Continuous output current per channel:||7 A2|
|Maximum PWM frequency:||21.77 kHz|
|Maximum logic voltage:||3.3 V3|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||N|
- 1 - Autodetects baud rates between 1200 and 500,000 bps, or can be set to any fixed baud rate in this range.
- 2 - Typical results at room temperature without a heat sink.
- 3 - All digital inputs are 5V tolerant.
- Simple Motor Controller Windows Drivers and Software (release 121204) (5MB zip)
- This ZIP archive contains the installation files for the Simple Motor Control Center, the Simple Motor Controller command-line utility (SmcCmd), and the required USB drivers for Microsoft Windows.
- Simple Motor Controller Linux Software (release 101119) (115k gz)
- This tar/gzip archive contains the binary executable files for the Pololu Simple Motor Control Center (SmcCenter) and the Simple Motor Controller command-line utility (SmcCmd) for Linux. Use “tar -xzvf filename.tar.gz” to extract it.
- Firmware version 1.04 for the Simple Motor Controllers (266k fmi)
- Use this file with the Pololu Simple Motor Control Center to upgrade your Simple Motor Controller’s firmware. See the instructions in the “Upgrading Firmware” section of the user’s guide for more information.