Adafruit Ultimate-GPS-Breakout - 66 Kanal mit 10 Hz updates - V3
Version 3 comes with the latest module which has external antenna support and Pulse-Per-Second output
Adafruit believe this is the Ultimate GPS module, so they named it that. It's got everything you want and more:
- -165 dBm sensitivity, 10 Hz updates, 66 channels
- 5V friendly design and only 20mA current draw
- Breadboard friendly + two mounting holes
- RTC battery-compatible
- Built-in datalogging
- PPS output on fix
- We have received reports that it works up to 32Km altitude (the GPS theoretically does not have a limit until 40Km)
- Internal patch antenna + u.FL connector for external active antenna
- Fix status LED
The breakout is built around the MTK3339 chipset, a no-nonsense, high-quality GPS module that can track up to 22 satellites on 66 channels, has an excellent high-sensitivity receiver (-165 dB tracking!), and a built in antenna. It can do up to 10 location updates a second for high speed, high sensitivity logging or tracking. Power usage is incredibly low, only 20 mA during navigation.
Two features that really stand out about version 3 MTK3339-based module is the external antenna functionality and the the built in data-logging capability. The module has a standard ceramic patch antenna that gives it -165 dB sensitivity, but when you want to have a bigger antenna, you can snap on any 3V active GPS antenna via the uFL connector. The module will automatically detect the active antenna and switch over! Most GPS antennas use a SMA connector, so you may need an adapter uFL to SMA.
Adafruit have a nice library for GPS usage (called LOCUS). A full tutorial is also available.
- Satellites: 22 tracking, 66 searching
- Patch Antenna Size: 15mm x 15mm x 4mm
- Update rate: 1 to 10 Hz
- Position Accuracy: < 3 meters (all GPS technology has about 3m accuracy)
- Velocity Accuracy: 0.1 meters/s
- Warm/cold start: 34 seconds
- Acquisition sensitivity: -145 dBm
- Tracking sensitivity: -165 dBm
- Maximum Altitude for PA6H: according to the factory, this module will perform up to 40Km but it is only known-tested up to 32,000 Meters
- Maximum Velocity: 515m/s
- Vin range: 3.0-5.5VDC
- MTK3339 Operating current: 25mA tracking, 20 mA current draw during navigation
- Output: NMEA 0183, 9600 baud default
- DGPS/WAAS/EGNOS supported
- FCC E911 compliance and AGPS support (Offline mode : EPO valid up to 14 days )
- Up to 210 PRN channels
- Jammer detection and reduction
- Multi-path detection and compensation
- As of 8/10/2014 we are shipping with firmware v. 5632 which improves high-altitude calculations and stability. It is equivalent in all other functionality and is a drop-in replacement.
Breakout board details:
- Weight (not including coin cell or holder): 8.5g
- Dimensions (not including coin cell or holder): 25.5mm x 35mm x 6.5mm / 1.0" x 1.35" x 0.25"
- MTK3329/MTK3339 command set sheet for changing the fix data rate, baud rate, sentence outputs, etc!
- LOCUS (built-in-datalogging system) user guide
- Datasheet for the PA6H (MTK3339) GPS module itself - used in version 3 of this module
- MT3339 GPS PC Tool (windows only) and the PC Tool manual
- Mini GPS tool (windows only)